Senior Database Developer
Full-Time or Part-Time:
VeraCore Software Solutions, Inc. (VeraCore) has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Database Developer to join our Agile Product Delivery Team. VeraCore software is used by top names in e-Commerce fulfillment to service many of the world’s most respected brands.
Our Product Delivery Team is the creative force behind our software. They allow our users to be better at their business by performing their tasks quickly, efficiently, and with ease. In this role, you’ll work closely with the product owner and development team to design and deliver the current flagship version of our software platform.
As a Senior Database Developer, you are well established in your field. You have delivered complex database-driven software solutions to a heavily used production environment. You are a methodical problem solver who can effectively triage and fix complex bugs. You speak fluently in traditional and contemporary software/database design principles and are effective at implementing these principles within a development team. You love your job; attacking complex cutting-edge technology challenges gets you out of bed in the morning.
As a B2B SaaS company, our engineers are the drivers of the technology that our customers depend on, not just members of “IT” at a big corporation. We encourage open dialog, allowing all team members to take ownership of the software development process. Members of the VeraCore team are laser-focused on producing high quality usable software and maintaining a fun and casual work environment. We foster a team environment with lunch-time ping pong battles, end of week social gatherings, and off-site team events.
Responsibilities of this Include:
- Deliver software in an Agile environment in a fast-paced environment
- Work closely with product owners & development team on fleshing out requirements and solution design
- Design and develop continuous development workflow for SQL Server database schema
- Optimize, tune, and troubleshoot complex SQL Server database queries, procedures, and other objects
- Lead documentation of complex SQL Server database structures and designs
- Lead the migration of single tenant databases to a complete multi-tenant architecture
- Mentor and collaborate with peer software engineers through both high and low-level technical challenges
- Code-review SQL of engineers of every skill level
- Exceptional practical knowledge of T-SQL
- Strong understanding of relational database design, specifically Microsoft SQL Server databases
- Fluent in writing ad-hoc SQL queries and stored procedures
- Microsoft SQL Server query and stored procedure performance optimization skills
- Experience with Entity Framework or other ORM
- Strong understanding of the entire .NET development ecosystem
- Practical experience with migrating database architectures
- Experience designing and developing databases in both multi-instance and multi-tenant environments
- Exercises strong judgment and coordination, especially in urgent situations
- Strong Verbal and interpersonal skills; ability to work with and influence all levels of the organization
- Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience implementing source control for SQL Server database schema
- C# or other c-based programming language experience
- Knowledge of Test-Driven Development including Clean Code, Dependency Injection, Unit Testing and Integration Testing
- Familiarity with Azure DevOps including Git, Azure DevOps Pipelines, et al
- Experience with third party reporting tools such as Crystal Reports and Stimulsoft
- Familiarity/working knowledge of NoSQL database paradigms
This is an excellent opportunity for forward-looking individual seeking to contribute to an experienced team to build new features, fix bugs, and maintain code for a vast warehouse and order management system that will challenge you as an engineer.
This position offers a generous compensation package that includes both medical and dental insurance as well as a 401k retirement plan. We offer a fast-paced environment with a casual atmosphere.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to:
VeraCore Software Solutions, Inc.
76 Batterson Park Road
Farmington, CT 06032
Email: [email protected]