Software Quality Engineer
Full-Time or Part-Time:
VeraCore Software Solutions, Inc. (VeraCore) has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Software Quality Engineer to join our Agile Product Delivery Team. VeraCore software is used by top names in e-Commerce fulfillment to service many of the world’s most respected brands.
Our Product Delivery Team is the creative force behind our software. They allow our users to be better at their business by performing their tasks quickly, efficiently, and with ease. In this role, you’ll work closely with the product owner and development teams to ensure that all software systems are properly defined and tested.
As a Software Quality Engineer, you are well established in your field. You have delivered complex database-driven software solutions to a heavily used production environment. You are a methodical problem solver who can effectively triage and replicate complex bugs. You are involved with the verification and validation of new and/or existing systems/sub-systems. You are a champion for automation. No puzzle is too complicated, you love your job and you constantly look forward to the next challenge.
As a B2B SaaS company, our engineers are the drivers of the technology that our customers depend on, not just members of “IT” at a big corporation. We encourage open dialog, allowing all team members to take ownership of the software development process.
Members of the VeraCore team are laser-focused on producing high quality usable software and maintaining a fun and casual work environment. We foster a team environment with lunch-time ping pong battles, end of week social gatherings, and off-site team events.
Responsibilities of this Include:
- Deliver software in an Agile environment in a fast-paced environment
- Work closely with product owners & development team on fleshing out acceptance criteria and test cases
- Design and develop test cases for new and existing software features
- Owns ability to measure and evaluate all tests
- Automated UI Testing & Service Testing
- Performance and Load Testing
- Support root cause investigation and corrective action on process and project quality issues
- 3+ years’ experience writing test cases
- Exercises strong judgment and coordination, especially in urgent situations
- Strong Verbal and interpersonal skills; ability to work with and influence all levels of the organization
- Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience
- Agile Software Development delivering solutions to a cloud platform like Azure, AWS, Google, Digital Ocean or Heroku
- Familiar with Web Technologies, OSI Model and W3C
- Skilled in one or more collaboration tools like Azure Devops or Jira
- Experience with 1 or more test/test organization tools such as Gherkin, Gatling, Chaos Monkey, Selenium, Wiremock
- Experience with .net or java programming
- Competent working with one or more relational databases
- Working with microservices
- Managed services for automated testing such as Gremlin
- One or more NOSQL databases like Apache Cassandra
- Container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes
- Leading a team of quality engineers
This is an excellent opportunity for forward-looking individual seeking to contribute to an experienced team that is building new features, fixing bugs, and maintaining code for a vast warehouse and order management system that will challenge you as a quality engineer.
This position offers a generous compensation package that includes both medical and dental insurance as well as a 401k retirement plan. We offer a fast-paced environment with a casual atmosphere.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to:
VeraCore Software Solutions, Inc.
76 Batterson Park Road
Farmington, CT 06032
Email: [email protected]