Full-Time or Part-Time:
VeraCore Software Solutions, Inc. (VeraCore) has a fantastic opportunity for a Software Engineer to join our Agile software delivery team. VeraCore software is used by top names in e-Commerce fulfillment to service many of the world’s most respected brands.
Software engineers are the creative minds behind our software applications. They allow our users to be better at their business by performing their tasks quickly, efficiently and with ease. In this role, you’ll work closely with the product owner and development team to design and deliver the current flagship version of our software platform.
As a Software Engineer, you are well established in your field. You have delivered complex software solutions to a heavily used production environment. You are a methodical problem solver who can effectively triage and fix complex bugs. You speak fluently in traditional and contemporary software design principles and are effective at implementing these principles within a development team. You love your job – attacking complex cutting-edge technology challenges gets you out of bed in the morning.
As a small software company, our developers are the drivers of the technology that our customers depend on, not just members of “IT” at a big corporation. We encourage open dialog, allowing all developers to take ownership of the technology and development process. Members of the VeraCore team are laser-focused on producing high quality usable software and maintaining a fun and casual work environment. We foster a team environment with lunch-time ping pong battles, end of week social gatherings, and off-site team events.
Responsibilities of this Include:
- Deliver software in an Agile environment in a fast-paced environment
- Work closely with product owners & development team on fleshing out requirements and solution design
- Ensure technical rigor in developing solutions
- Drive the deployment of code and infrastructure across multiple environments
- Optimize, tune, and troubleshoot complex flagship warehouse and order management systems
- Mentor and collaborate with peer software engineers through both high and low-level technical challenges
- Code review the work of engineers of every skill level
- Exceptional knowledge of C#
- Strong understanding or relational database design, specifically Microsoft SQL Server Databases
- Proficient at writing ad-hoc SQL Queries and Stored procedures
- Experience w/ Entity Framework or other ORM
- Understanding of safe coding practices and application security
- Understanding of REST concepts and implementation
- Understanding of multi-tenancy, specifically with regards to multi-tenant database design
- Exercises strong judgment and coordination, especially in emergency situations
- Strong Verbal and interpersonal skills; ability to work with and influence all levels of the organization
- Experience with the Microsoft development suite including Visual Studio and Azure DevOps
- Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Web API
- Knowledge of Test-Driven Development including Clean Code, Dependency Injection, Unit Testing and Integration Testing
- Familiarity with DevOps tools including and Git (source control) and Azure DevOps Pipelines, et al
- Expertise in Sencha Ext JS (up to version 6)
- Experience with third party reporting tools such as Crystal Reports, Stimulsoft, etc
This is an excellent opportunity for forward-looking individual seeking to contribute to an experienced team to build new features, fix bugs, and maintain code for a vast warehouse and order management system that will challenge you as an engineer.
This position offers a generous compensation package that includes both medical and dental insurance as well as a 401k retirement plan. We offer a fast-paced environment with a casual atmosphere.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to:
VeraCore Software Solutions, Inc.
76 Batterson Park Road
Farmington, CT 06032
Email: [email protected]