IT Support Specialist (entry-level)
Full-Time or Part-Time:
VeraCore Software Solutions, Inc. (VeraCore) is currently seeking an IT Support Specialist to enhance our growing Technical Services team. VeraCore software is used by top names in e-Commerce fulfillment to service many of the world’s most respected brands.
In this role, you’ll work closely with our Cloud Manager and VP of Tech Services, as well as regularly collaborating with other teams as needed. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, proactive, and dynamic individual who can assist VeraCore in meeting its company objectives. A successful IT Support Specialist must have a thorough knowledge of computer software and hardware and a variety of internet applications, networks and operating systems. The ideal candidate will also have great troubleshooting abilities and attention to detail.
As a small software company, our Technical Services team is crucial to the on-going growth of the company. Working at VeraCore means creating and collaborating with other driven individuals in a fun and casual work environment. In addition to innovating every day, we also foster a team environment with a lunch-time game room, end of week social gatherings, and off-site team events (prior to COVID, we look forward to getting back to this soon).
Responsibilities of this Include:
SaaS Infrastructure Administration
- Install, update and troubleshoot customer printers in a Microsoft Azure/Windows server environment
- Manage customer FTP users and troubleshoot any problems
- Build, deploy and troubleshoot VPN tunnel devices (Raspberry Pi devices running Linux)
- Work with customers via support tickets, over the phone and Zoom
- Assist the Cloud Manager with other tasks as needed
- Build team member workstations, setup printers and other peripherals on the LAN as requested
- Perform software updates and system backups for servers as requested
- Manage technical documentation
- Provide support to internal team members and be the first point of contact for error reporting
- Troubleshoot issues with equipment such as printers, computers and servers
- Perform tests and evaluations of new software and hardware
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Technology or related field
- Knowledge with working in various Microsoft Windows environments
- Knowledge working with MacBooks and Apple operating systems
- Detail oriented and possess strong problem-solving skills
- Strong collaborative and analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Comfortable speaking to customers and working remotely at times
- Ability to quickly learn new technology
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
Join the Team:
This position is the perfect match for a motivated individual looking to gain hands-on experience in a growing software company. Great opportunities for advancement as the organization expands. We offer a fast-paced environment with a casual atmosphere. This position offers a generous compensation package that includes both medical and dental insurance as well as a 401(k) retirement plan.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to:
VeraCore Software Solutions, Inc.
76 Batterson Park Road
Farmington, CT 06032
Email: [email protected]