Business Analyst / Quality Assurance
Full-Time or Part-Time:
VeraCore Software Solutions, Inc. (VeraCore) has a fantastic opportunity for a Business Analyst and Quality Assurance expert to join our Agile software delivery team. VeraCore software is used by top names in the fulfillment, ecommerce and graphic communications to service many of the world’s most respected brands.
We've pride ourselves on knowing our customers and it reflects in our growth. Growth means we need to scale and we need people to help take us to the next level. We need someone that possesses a drive to learn our business processes and improve on them. We need someone to understand our customer needs and serve their goals. We need someone with the technical expertise to translate that to software requirements and test cases to drive quality in or product.
As a Business Analyst Quality Assurance expert, you will possess a blend of engagement skills, attention to detail, critical thinking, and a passion for quality. You will work closely with the product owner, architect, and development team to define criteria for and develop a leading edge, cloud-native enterprise application implementing independently deployable modular services. This position is an exciting opportunity to make an impact on an exciting new multi-year project.
As a small software company, our developers are the Rock Stars who make the magic happen for our customers, not just members of “IT” at a big corporation. Working at VeraCore means creating and collaborating with other driven individuals in a fun and casual work environment. In addition to innovating every day, we also foster a team environment with lunch-time video game battles, end of week social gatherings, and off-site team events.
Responsibilities of this Include:
- Participating in and facilitating requirements gathering sessions with stakeholders and cross functional team members.
- Dissecting business processes and software applications to understand and improving on them
- Eliciting and documenting business and system level requirements as user case, scenarios, and user stories with acceptance criteria
- Assisting with data conditioning and or creation of test data
- Ensuring that every phase and feature of the software solution, including non-functionals, is tested and that any potential issue is identified and fixed before the product goes live
- Creating test plans, test cases, and test scripts
- Performing functional testing of the system
- Taking a lead role in team refinement meetings
- Participation in development team planning sessions
- Creating software demonstrations of finished work and presenting to stakeholders
Qualified candidates should possess:
- 2+ years of experience as a Business/System Analyst developing business and system requirements
- 3+ years performing software and user acceptance testing in an Agile Scrum environment
- Ability to gather, translate Business Requirements into Technical Requirements utilized by programmers
- Experience translating acceptance criteria into Gherkin syntax to support a Test Driven Development process
- Clear communication, writing, and presentation skills
- Scrum.org/SAFe certification preferred but not required
- Basic understanding of programming logic
- Experience with databases and Web-based applications
- Proficiency in MS Excel including Pivot Tables and VLookup
Mastery of PowerPoint and creating presentations for stakeholders
This position is the perfect match for someone with strong analytical skills and attention to detail who enjoys facing new challenges. Effective communication skills are key. This is an excellent opportunity for forward-looking individual seeking to contribute to a new and growing team to build an exciting leading-edge solution.
This position offers a generous compensation package that includes both medical and dental insurance as well as a 401k retirement plan. We offer a fast-paced environment with a casual atmosphere.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to:
VeraCore Software Solutions, Inc.
76 Batterson Park Road
Farmington, CT 06032
Email: [email protected]