VeraCore Software Solutions, Inc. (VeraCore) has a fantastic opportunity for a User Experience expert to join our Agile software delivery team. VeraCore software is used by top names in the fulfillment, ecommerce and graphic communications to service many of the world’s most respected brands.
We've pride ourselves on knowing our customers and it reflects in our growth. Growth means we need to scale and we need people to help take us to the next level. We need someone that possesses a drive to learn our customers business processes and help design their experience in our application. We need someone to understand our customer needs and serve their goals. We need someone with the technical expertise to translate that to software design for product.
As a User Experience Specialist, you will possess a blend of engagement skills, attention to detail, critical thinking and a passion for quality. You will work closely with the product owner, architect, business analyst and development team to design a leading edge, cloud-native enterprise application implementing designs for browser, tablet and phone-sized devices. This position is an exciting opportunity to make an impact on an exciting new product.
As a small software company, our designers and developers are the Rock Stars who make the magic happen for our customers, not just members of “IT” at a big corporation. Working at VeraCore means creating and collaborating with other driven individuals in a fun and casual work environment. In addition to innovating every day, we also foster a team environment with lunch-time video game battles, end of week social gatherings, and off-site team events.
- Participating in and facilitating requirements gathering sessions with stakeholders and cross functional team members.
- Manage and execute end-to-end user research to identify user needs, desires & requirements and to identify usability issues. Research may include, interviews; surveys, etc.
- Develop detailed recommendations resulting from research performed
- Developing information architecture
- Interact with the team at all levels to sell design concepts, guide stakeholder decisions, and explain your thinking in ways that are understandable to a wide range of stakeholders
- Produce wireframes, mockups, personas, interaction documentation and other UX artifacts; take in requirements and produce documentation to inform the development process
- Keep up-to-date on trends and best-practices in design and front-end coding standards
Qualified Candidates Should Possess:
- 3+ years of experience designing in-browser, and native tablet/mobile applications is highly desirable
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Solid understanding of information architecture, usability, process design, visual design, and user research concepts, and some deep creativity in one or more of these facets
- Clear communication, writing, and presentation skills
- The ability to take initiative
- An ability to learn and contribute quickly to project requirements
- An ability to prioritize and organize efforts in a fast-paced environment
- Independent problem-solving skills, strong analytical abilities, creativity and a customer service-orientated personality
- SAFe (Scaled Agile)/Scrum.org certification preferred but not required
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience
This is an excellent opportunity for forward-looking individual seeking to contribute to a new and growing team to build an exciting leading-edge solution.
This position offers a generous compensation package that includes both medical and dental insurance as well as a 401k retirement plan. We offer a fast-paced environment with a casual atmosphere. This is NOT a telecommuting position; you will be working at our office in Rocky Hill, Connecticut.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to:
VeraCore Software Solutions, Inc.
1086 Elm Street - Suite 200
Rocky Hill, CT 06067
Email: [email protected]